If you are interested in being a tutor with us, there is some information you need to be aware of.
Many parents and students look for:
- A relevant degree
- A teaching qualification such as PGCEQTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Experience of classroom teaching
- Experience of private tutoring
What Qualities would you need?
- Ability to Listen
- Enthusiasm for your subject - and for teaching it
- CRB/DBS(The CRB service is now known as the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service). There is no legal requirement for private tutors to have a CRB check. However, many parents will only engage a tutor with a CRB/DBS Enhanced Disclosure. They cost about £70.)
The information we provide about each tutor to interested parents includes:
- Teaching experience e.g. 10 years.
- List of qualifications gained
- QTS Teacher Reference Number, if the tutor has one. The General Teaching Council awards Qualified
- Teacher Status to those qualified to teach in state schools.
- Date CRB was issued, if held.
We check and store the following documents about our tutors:
Degree & PGCE certificates.
If qualifications were awarded outside the EU, we will tell you if the UK NARIC (National Academic Recognition Information Centre) has assessed it and its equivalent to UK qualifications.